Friday, August 29, 2014
Thursday, August 28, 2014
Wins the race, right? That's what they say at least. And who is they? I've always wondered that. But moving along...
I am taking the whole slow and steady approach to my weight loss before the wedding. Mainly because my body is making me. In the last 3 weeks I have only lost about 2.5 pounds. While I am happy that I haven't gained any weight, I am frustrated because I have been working out like a mad lady and have really changed my eating habits. I mean, my routine has basically been: cycle class Monday & Wednesday, elliptical/other cardio Tuesday, rest of Thursday & Friday. And I know I should probably not take two days to rest, but I have been also walking for 30 minutes each day with a co-worker so that's something on those "off" days.
So I guess I just need a little push from someone to tell me that this is normal and it will pay off in the end. And remind me that I do have 8+ months to lose the additional 27.5 pounds before we say 'I do.' Plus, I do need to keep telling myself that even if I don't hit the magic number I have in my mind, it will still be the happiest day of my life. And I will love how I look in my dress. Because it really is gorgeous and I feel so pretty in it!
So I am going to keep going. Because that's the best thing to do. It may take me six months to lose 10 pounds, but that's better than gaining 20 in those same six months. And I know in the long run, loosing this weight slowly will make me cherish all that I have accomplished even more, right?
Friday, August 22, 2014
So when I saw that Erin was doing Football Friday's I was SO FREAKING EXCITED. I may be a girl, but I absolutely love everything about football and football season. So of course I will be joining in on the fun.
This week I want to start out by telling you all about my favorite team - the 2000 & 2012 Super Bowl Champion Baltimore Ravens :) I bleed purple and black September - (hopefully) February.
Taken at a work event where we got to take a tour of the stadium and go onto the field! :)
Team Mascot: So our team used to be super clever and cool and have three mascots - Edgar, Allen & Poe. But now we just have Poe (even though I am not really sure why?) But that is a reference to the poet, Edgar Allan Poe (duh) because he wrote "The Raven" I think that is all pretty self explanatory.
Where We Play: M&T Bank Stadium. And let me just tell you it is an amazing stadium to see a game in. The atmosphere is electric and you probably won't be able to get out of there without chanting "OhhhhOhhhOhh OOOOhhhh" to the tune of the White Stripe's "Seven Nation Army" It's one of my favorite places to be on a football Sunday - but sadly I only get to maybe two games a year if I am lucky.
My Favorite Players: I have had many favorite players throughout the years that I have been a fan, but here are my top 5 and the position they play/played:
1. Joe Flacco - Quarterback
2. Ray Lewis - Linebacker
3. Torrey Smith - Wide Receiver
4. Dennis Pitta - Tight End
5. Matt Stover / Justin Tucker - Kicker
Hate Dislike: Steelers, Browns, Bengals, & Patriots. Oh, and the Colts because they used to be in Baltimore and then left in the middle of the night back in the 1980s. But that's a more complicated story for another day entirely.
Personal Favorite Raven's Memory: The game between us and the Denver Broncos during our 2012 Super Bowl run. The game went into double OT and we sealed the deal with an amazing pass from Flacco to Jacoby Jones. To say it was an amazing moment is an understatement. Everyone in our house jumped up and down and it basically felt like we had won the Super Bowl - we still had another team to beat before we were even in the big game.
Well this has gotten me even more pumped for football to start! Even though I am being a bad fan and will be out of the country for the first game of the season. Let's just hope somehow, some way, we can find a TV in Canada that is showing the Ravens. Not going to hold my breath, though.
So what's your favorite team? I promise I will still be nice to you if it's one of the above mentioned
hated disliked teams. But I may just have to not talk to you when we play ;)
Thursday, August 21, 2014
Lately I have been getting the urge to plan trips to all the places I want to see in my life. And since my bank account won't necessarily allow that right now, I am just going to make a travel bucket list for right now and just pretend like I am going to these places soon. And I actually am for one of them. So there.
Also, please don't judge me on how simple this list may seem. I don't really get out too much, so I tend to think more realistically, and I know these places aren't probably that magical but I could see myself actually being able to visit them. And now I am just rambling so here's the list.
I have always always always had Italy on my list of places I need to go before I die. I am part Italian, and I just love almost everything Italian - wine, food, history, etc. My dream would be to go on a two week vacation and take my time exploring Rome, then going to Sicily where my family is from. I want to drink lots of wine, eat lots of carbs and basically reenact Audrey Hepburn's life in "Roman Holiday" (and if you don't know that reference, you need to see that classic ASAP).
Also, this would definitely be an amazing family vacation, but not until we have older kids. Because I am not going to go on my dream trip and then have a small child complaining the whole time. Sorry if that sounds selfish, but it's the truth.
This one IS happening for our honeymoon next year. So the dream is becoming a reality and I couldn't be more excited! We are planning on staying at a hotel right on Waikiki Beach and doing things like sunbathing, hiking, eating, drinking, exploring the Island, and obviously going to a real Luau. Tony and I are both into history, so we will be making a trip to the Pearl Harbor memorial site, too. The plan right now is just to do a week, but that may change as we get closer to the actual booking. At least I am hoping it turns into 10 days!
Another trip that is definitely happening - and in 15 days, too! I love waterfalls and duh, I obviously want to visit a huge one. And the place we are staying is connected to a casino so that means a little gambling, lots of eating/drinking, and we are going to have to make some time to check out the breweries/wineries in the area. Basically I cannot wait and I will be very happy to check this one off of the list!
One word - wine. I love wine and why would I not want to visit a place that is filled with beautiful vineyards? So yes, I want to go all wine snob for about 5 days and make my way from winery to winery, preferably doing this as a girls' trip. I have always told my best friend we should do this trip when we turn 30 as a gift to ourselves, and as a way to forget that we are THIRTY! (Thank goodness we have another 5+ years until this is happening...)
The Grand Canyon / Mt. Rushmore / Yellowstone
Yes, I do understand that these places are NOT close to one another. But I figure when we do get around to seeing these landmarks, we might as well do it in one big trip, so that's why they are grouped together. I know it's very touristy to want to visit these places, but I dream about doing a family trip so that my kids get to experience them, too. Plus, think of the photo ops! :)
Side note - Tony actually wanted to go to Montana/Wyoming for our honeymoon and he tried to use going to Yellowstone as a selling point. Um, no, sorry. Besides Yellowstone there would be nothing else to really do. Plus I am afraid of bears and other wild animals.
Any Tropical Island.
I am pretty easily pleased if you give me a beach, an ocean and some fruity drinks. So that's why any tropical island will do for this one. I just want to spend a solid week with the following routine: wake up, lay on the beach, sunbathe, shower/get pretty, eat and drink the night away, sleep. Repeat for 6 more days. If I had to pick the top islands to visit, I would probably put St. Lucia & Punta Cana at the top of my list - but like I said, I am pretty easy to please.
So what's on your travel bucket list? Did I miss any awesome places that you think I absolutely NEED to see in my lifetime?!
Wednesday, August 20, 2014
I felt like since I didn't show up yesterday, I should make an effort today. But then today came and I'm just tired and cranky, so answering 50 questions is about all I can do. So I am thanking Allie & Juliette for doing this so that now I can, too. So let's just jump right into this survey and all feel nostalgic about how amazing MySpace surveys really were.
1. What are you wearing? At the moment, a blue workout shirt and black yoga pants. We just walked during our lunch break at work, okay? I have nicer clothes to put back on.
2. Ever been in love? Yes.
3. Ever had a terrible breakup? Actually, I wouldn't call it "terrible" but I have had breakups that hurt and made me think I would never find happiness again. Wrong.
4. How tall are you? Only 5'4. I need to grow so that I have less weight to lose.
5. How much do you weigh? A combination of three numbers.
6. Any tattoos? Nope
7. Any piercings? Yes, but I am boring and they are just in my ears.
8. OTP (one true pair, favorite
fictional couple)? Marshall & Lily. I mean, can you really find a truer love than theirs?
9. Favorite show? Oh, there are so many. OITNB, Scandal, Grey's, The Walking Dead, HIMYM (reruns), Rules of Engagement... the list could really go on and on.
10. Favorite bands? I don't really have any favorite bands. I always hated this questions.
11. Something you miss? My bed.
12. Favorite song? Right now I am really feeling "Maps" and "Burnin' It Down"
13. How old are you? 24
14. Zodiac sign? Gemini.. but apparantly I could be a Cancer, too, because of when my birthday falls. So I am special because I can have either.
15. Quality you look for in a
partner? Money. JUST KIDDING. I like humor and loyalty.
16. Favorite Quote? "Time heals all wounds" true and to the point.
17. Favorite actor? Mark Wahlberg
18. Favorite color? Purple
19. Loud music or soft? Can I have something in between?
20. Where do you go when you’re
sad? The couch and curl up under a blanket and watch some stupid trashy TV. Just kidding I do that when I'm not sad.
21. How long does it take you to shower? about 12 minutes - shaving included.
22. How long does it take you
to get ready in the morning? About 15 minutes if my hair is up, 30 if it's down.
23. Ever been in a physical fight? No, I would be killed.
24. Turn on? Muscles and good smelling cologne.
25. Turn off? Douchery
26. The reason I started
blogging? I was reading other people's blogs and I like to talk/write a lot, so there you have it.
27. Fears? Snakes and heights.
28. Last thing that made you cry? An argument over something DUMB with Tony.
29. Last time you said you loved someone? This morning before I left for work.
30. Meaning behind the name of
your blog? Just something that popped into my head. So sorry there isn't a cool story or anything.
31. Last book you read? Could not even tell you.
32. The book you’re currently
reading? Nothing, but I am looking for something good to read in the car on the way to Canada.
33. Last show you watched? Uhhh I feel asleep watching Friends last night.
34. Last person you talked to? A co-worker.
35. The relationship between you and the person you last texted? Friend that lives nearby
36. Favorite food? Pizza. I could eat pizza all day every day.
37. Place you want to visit? I am doing a post on this tomorrow, so check back then.
38. Last place you were? The kitchen.
39. Do you have a crush? This is getting a little ridiculous...
40. Last time you kissed
someone? This morning.
41. Last time you were insulted? I'm sure Tony said something semi-insulting this morning.
42. Favorite flavor of sweet? I thought sweet was a flavor? I am very confused.
43. What instruments do you play? Nothing because I am cultured like that.
44. Favorite piece of jewelry? Engagement ring, oh and the earrings I am wearing today.
45. Last sport you played? HAHA. Does walking count? Or what about cycling?
46. Last song you sang? Maps.
47. Favorite chat up line? I don't do that.
48. Have you ever used it? See above.
49. Last time you hung out with anyone? I was at the beach with my friend this past weekend if that counts.
50. Who should answer these questions next? Anyone who decides to comment :)
Monday, August 18, 2014
Does anyone else feel like this summer is flying by? I really cannot believe that August is halfway over. And things like going to the beach for the weekend really makes time go fast, too. So this little post will be a photo dump of my weekend of sunbathing and drinking/eating all things delicious.
We spent about 4 hours in the car Friday, but were able to get on the beach by 11 am. And we we're super intelligent and used tanning oil and not an ounce of sunblock. So that resulted in a lot of sunburn and painful showers. Also, it made us real tired and we were back in our hotel beds by 11 pm. #partyanimals.
This is my version of a Kim K. pose. HA.