Friday, October 17, 2014

That Time I Got Artsy


I am in no way, shape or form artistic. In high school everyone had to take a basic art class, and I struggled A LOT with the drawing and painting parts of the class. I would get so frustrated because I followed every direction, and still what was on my paper looked like a three-year-old did it. That being said, let me tell you about my experience at my very first paint night.

My best friend and I have never done anything creative together, so she was all "we should do something fun" and I was all "okay, let's do a wine and paint night!" Because, remember I'm an artist. So she picked the HARDEST painting to do and off we went. Luckily, we were literally the only two people in the class. So it was basically like a one-on-one class and that was good because I needed a lot of personal attention/help. So here's what the painting is supposed to look like..

 

 

And after a lot of stroking (teeheehee), blending, dabbing, wisping (I am just making up words now..), we were done. There were times throughout the process that I thought "Oh my God, this looks horrible. A child could have done this better." But then somehow at the end it all came together, and when I stepped away from it, I was actually pretty happy. Without further ado... our artwork:



Oh, and it should definitely be noted that we forgot our wine. I think wine might have made things better, but we will never know. All in all we had a good time, and I think I'd do it again. And pick a picture that didn't have every color known to man in it.




post signature