Wednesday, July 2, 2014

My Favorite Girl, Moscato





I am taking a little break from Wedding Wednesdays this week to focus on another love of mine - wine, of course! Linking up with Amanda on this one :)

So lets talk about my favorite wine at the moment. Her name is Moscato and honestly, any "brand" will do. My love for this wine is not a secret affair, in fact it's basically the only kind of wine people buy for me as gifts. But I'm not complaining one bit! Here are a few of my favorite brands:


Moscato is definitely a sweet wine and pairs well with many other sweet foods. Which is great for me because I have a serious sweet tooth. But do not be fooled, because my girl moscato can also go really well with seafood - my favorite is with salmon. There is nothing better than some grilled salmon, a side of veggies and a nice big glass of wine!

I found this great Moscato wine pairing chart that I wanted to share with you all before I am off to enjoy a nice glass of wine (don't worry, this was a pre-written post, I am not drinking at 7 a.m.)


Another reason Moscato is my wine of choice is because it serves as a great base for many delicious punches! I recently made the following recipe for an outdoor party and it was a big hit - and even better, really easy to make!

Raspberry Moscato Punch

Two (2) bottles of any brand of moscato
One (1) c. Sprite Zero
One (1) container pink lemonade frozen concentrate
Fresh raspberries

 In a pitcher, add wine, pink lemonade, and Sprite Zero, Stir
Add fresh raspberries to the pitcher
Pour punch into glasses with ice
Add fresh raspberries to the top of each glass



Cheers!


Kids and Cabernet


post signature