Thursday, July 24, 2014

Heading Back to 1990


Happy to be linking up with Juliette, Faith & Allie on this #TBT. I am really loving this prompt and can't wait to see how cheap stuff used to be when I was still in diapers. Shall we?

In 1990...

// Regular gas cost an average of $1.16 per gallon. This makes me want to curl up into the fetal position and cry a little.


// A first-class stamp was .25 cents. Oh hey .1 cent increase per year. What the hell is that?

// Mariah Carey won a Grammy for "Best New Artist" - that woman looks amazing for her age, btw. 

 // Seinfeld & The Simpsons were brand new shows. 


// The average income was about $29K. Praise the Lord that went up! because if I am paying almost $4 for gas something has gotta give.

// I was this adorable. And never stopped crying. Like ever (apparently).


// A Furby cost $39.99. Can we just talk about how overpriced that is for this freaky-looking thing? I mean, obviously I had one, but it's still creepy.

// Justin Bieber was not even alive yet. Can we go back to that, please? 

Yep, 1990 was a good year. My future husband was born and I could take naps whenever I damn well felt like it. Ah, the good times.


Allieology

post signature