Tuesday, July 15, 2014

A Letter to a Diamond


Dear Engagement Ring,

You may not know this, but I waited a very long time to receive you. I did so much research on what I wanted you to look like, and quickly found that you were going to be quite pricy. But I really wanted you to be an eye-catcher. I mean after all, you are going to be with me at all times wherever I go!

I'm not sure if you know this either, but when Tony bought you he was originally given the wrong version of you. The silly store made an error, but no worries, it was quickly fixed and that is when you were born and brought home in a tiny little box. Your travels were not over yet, though. You made the trip to Hershey Park -- your first visit to an amusement park! You stayed tucked away in Tony's jacket pocket before you were presented to your true owner.

Oh pretty engagement ring, I love how you sparkle! I love your size and your shape - something that I cannot even say about myself! I have been wearing you when I get in the pool so that a tanline forms on my left ring finger. I make sure to close all drains whenever I am near a sink or tub. If you ever made the journey down those pipes, I think I would have to leave the country, sobbing along the way.

Finally, pretty little ring, I love what you mean. You mean that I get to spend the rest of my life with that guy I met in high school. You mean that I get to plan a wedding and go semi crazy for the next 10 months. You mean that I get to have a family with the man I love and have as many netflix binge watching nights as we want. I do love you, but I must tell you, I love the man who gave you to me even more.

Love Always,
Your Happily Engaged Owner



Allieology


post signature