Monday, June 23, 2014

Wonderful Whirlwind Weekend


Oh hey Monday, you kind of came out of nowhere. But it's okay I guess because I had a wonderful weekend and now I am going to recap all of the fun for all of you. And I am linking up with Dateless in Dallas & Showered With Design.

And I am going to start with Thursday, because hey this is my blog and if I say my weekend recap starts with Thursday, then so it does. Sorry for that little conversation I just had with myself, btw.

So, Thursday! Since I was only going to see Tony for approximately 30 minutes total on my actual birthday (Friday), he decided to make me dinner on Thursday and then take me out for my free bday Rita's Italian Ice. I was literally STARVING by the time we ate, so I didn't take any pictures of the delicious burgers/sausage/corn on the cob he made, but I did take pics of the present he got me :)


Which is funny because this year I gave him no ideas because I really didn't want any thing, more just to spend time together. So he did really good and I love my new watch. Oh, and he bought me a new car. Isn't it nice?



Juuuuuuuuust kidding. This is his new baby. I want to give her a female Russian name, but I can't think of anything good. She just strikes me as a sassy but sleek Russian lady. Don't ya think?

On to Friday... my actual birthday! Obviously went to work, because surprisingly my birthday is not a national holiday or anything and I still have to act like an adult from the hours of 7-3. Anywho, the lovely ladies I work with got my mini ice cream cups from Dairy Queen and I got to blow out a candle and it was all very nice :)

After work I stopped at home to see Tony for that whopping 30 minutes and then headed to my hometown (only about 25 mins away) to go out for some birthday drinks with my girlfrannns.



Saturday was the day I had been looking forward to all week! I had 7 of my closest friends over for a BBQ/Swim/Drinkfest. But you know my luck, it was cloudy and cool ALL day. But we still sat outside and ate and drank and my lovely fiance cooked all the food for us :) I am sad we didn't get a whole group picture, but we were just having too much fun girl talking and drinking wine!

I got a little crafty and got everyone a mason jar with their name on it. I may or may not have stolen that idea from a wedding I just went to, but oh well. Everyone liked it and only one glass fell to its death throughout the course of the night. Also the s'mores bar didn't turn out all fancy like I had originally planned, but the presentation didn't matter because they were still delicious and we all ate way too much. And major shouts out to Tony for making my pinterest-inspired table-top "fire pit" come to life!




Once we finally got to Sunday I was all birthday-ed out, but I still had one more festivity - going to a winery with my Dad for the day. We just sat on the deck and put away two bottles of wine between the two of us. We also talked about Tony and mine's honeymoon plans! Which I am super excited to share with all of you soon :)

All in all it was an amazing weekend and I am so lucky that I have so many wonderful friends and family in my life.

Dateless in Dallas


post signature