Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Flowers, Flowers, Flowers


According to my little Knot.com to-do list it's time for me to start thinking about flowers. Which is perfect because last night we met with our potential florist for the wedding. I guess I should confess that the flower aspect of the wedding does not really interest me. Obviously, yes, we need bouquets and corsages and whatnot, but other than that I didn't really care what we did. Our venue provides centerpieces, so we don't need any flowers for that. And sure, some real flowers might look nice on the cake. Point is, flowers are probably last on my priority list. 

So I kind of shocked myself when I had the urge to look at handy dandy pinterest for flower ideas. Maybe because everything else has already been put into motion and I was looking for ideas on things that haven't been tackled - but I was actually really into the idea of flowers (for once). I wanted to share my "vision," if you will, with all of you to get some feedback and other ideas, because let's be honest, I still don't really have an eye for what will look and/or smell good. 

My Bouquet
So I really like the idea of sticking with something that is predominantly white, but still has a little "pop" of color to it. I was always under the impression that my bridesmaids could be the ones with the more colorful bouquet. Since our colors are purple with coral accents, I definitely want to incorporate those colors into my bouquet in a subtle way.


Bridesmaid Bouquets
As I was saying, I would love for my girls to have bouquets that are really colorful, and compliment my more "simple" bouquet. Again, lots of purple will be incorporated, as well as whites - and if I can find the right shade - coral, too! I'm still not 100% sure which types of flowers we will be using yet, but I am trying to find ones that won't break the bank and put us over the top on our flower budget.


Groomsmen Boutonnieres
This one should be pretty easy since the guys REALLY do not care about flowers. So I am thinking they will just wear whatever they get handed that day. I am going back and forth on whether I want them to stick with the purple theme, or just do something a little more simple. I guess that will all depend on what they end up doing for their tuxes. But in the meantime, here are some ideas that I am tossing around. 



I am planning on doing corsages and boutonnieres for our parents, grandparents and any readers at the wedding, but for now I have only mustered up the brain power to look for ideas for the main wedding party and what I would like for the archway to look like. Since we are doing the ceremony inside, I would love to spice up the actual space where we will be saying 'I do.' Again, the internet did not disappoint on ideas for ways that we could do this. But how much those ideas cost is another thing that I will just think about later :) So without further adieu, here are my thoughts on what that arch could look like all jazzed up with flowers! (Obviously there would be lots of purple...)



Wedding Wednesday
Love Always Nancy J

post signature