Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Airbrush Me, Baby!

So I've decided that since my family and close friends are probably sick of hearing about wedding details 24/7, I'd instead share that stuff on the blog (that makes you feel special, right?). I have to admit, though, that a lot of the planning is pretty much done (and yes, I do understand that we still have over a year to go). So I am going to mix in some fitness and exercise posts, too, just to keep you on your toes :) Now onto this week's wedding update.

Since I am a super crazy planner, I had made an appointment to have my makeup trial done back in March. This was something that I had been nervous about because I want to look 100% my best on the day of the wedding, and for some reason I had a feeling I wasn't going to like the way my makeup trial went. So the day of the trial came a few weeks ago and let me tell you, I am so freaking happy about how it went.

I brought my Mom along and she snapped a bunch of photos!
The trial started with me telling Jen (the makeup artist) what look I was going for, and explaining what kinds of makeup I usually wear on a day-to-day basis. I am going for a natural look - nothing too plain, but I do still want to look like myself on our big day. However, we are having a night wedding, so I do want my eye makeup to be somewhat dramatic. After we covered all the basic questions Jen went to work applying the airbrush makeup.

I have to say that I honestly love the way it felt on my face. The makeup is so light you hardly feel like you even have it on, and it lasts for 12-14 hours! This will definitely be a good thing because I will be getting ready for the wedding late morning, and the makeup will need to last until midnight.

After the airbrushing was complete, it was time for the fake eyelashes. So being a pretty "basic" person I have never worn fake lashes. The only way to describe having these things put on would be ... interesting. You know that feeling when you are tired and your eyes just want to close? Yep, that's how they felt at first. But after having them on for a while I got used to them and couldn't stop batting my eyes at everyone :)


With my face decked out in airbrush makeup and my eyes complete with color & lashes, my makeup trial was complete! I was so happy with the results, and I honestly thought my Mom was going to cry (but she tends to do that over all wedding stuff sooo...) Needless to say, my fear of looking like a clown on our wedding day have been put to rest, and I won't be spending an arm and a leg just to make sure I look my prettiest. Also, if anyone is ever in Pennsylvania (the Hanover, Gettysburg, York areas) you need to check out Rock Paper Scissors Salon - Jen is awesome! Now for a photo dump of sorts...


A before & after shot to really show the power of airbrush makeup. 




My favorite photo that my Mom took
Purple eye makeup (our colors are shades of purple)
She said this color would make my blue eyes pop :)
Weeks until the wedding: 55

Wedding Wednesday
Love Always Nancy J